The courses are run by approved trainers and are suitable for all employees, whether office, workshop or field based.
Duration – There are four face-to-face first aid courses we currently offer –
- Appointed Persons – 4+ hours
- Emergency First Aid at Work – 6+ hours
- First Aid at Work – 18+ hours, split over three days
- First Aid at Work (Refresher) – 12+ hours, split over two days
- Outdoor First Aid – 12+ hours, split over two days (this is a course with much time spent outdoors in areas such as woods and hillsides and as such may not suit everyone)
Methods – The courses are lively and practical with each key teaching point covered by a trainer demonstration and candidate practice. Media presentations are also used to re-enforce the teaching points. The course is continually assessed and has a multiple choice question paper as a final assessment tool. Evidence is gathered during the course to demonstrate candidate competency which, combined with the question paper, are maintained by the awarding body as evidence.
Outcomes – Candidates will be confident in managing all of the required learning outcomes as set out by the HSE and ILCOR. Each candidate will receive a certificate from the awarding body.
Group size – the requirements of the HSE courses limit course size to 12 delegates.