Asbestos is the UK Workplace’s Biggest Killer
As an employer you must ensure that:
- your employees have the training, knowledge, experience and ability to carry out the work without risk to themselves or others
- supervisors and managers are also trained and aware of their responsibilities
- the training provider is competent and aware of the tasks that are likely to be carried out by employees.
Self employed workers should ensure that they are properly trained to protect themselves and ensure that others are not put at risk from their work activities.
Topics covered by face2face training include:
- How to make suitable and sufficient assessments about the risk of exposure to asbestos
- Safe work practices and control measures, including an explanation on the correct use of control measures, protective equipment and work methods
- Selection and appropriate use of protective equipment
- Waste handling procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Relevant legal requirements.
Important – This form of training on its own is not sufficient for carrying out licensed work.
Online training, accredited by IATP, is available immediately. Take a look at the online course content where you can also register and try the first module for free. You could have your certificate in a couple of hours.
We are always happy to discuss your needs, thoughts and questions – feel free to get in touch