Slips, Trips and Falls
Slips, trips and falls account for almost a third of non fatal injuries at work. It is a widely held belief that with just a few minor changes to working practices and attitudes this could be reduced significantly.
This course will introduce you to some of the statistics relating to slips, trips and falls and dispel some of the myths surrounding them. It also touches on the law as it relates to slips, trips and falls. It contains real examples of where things have gone wrong and some practical steps that could have been taken to prevent these incidents. The course also covers some of the straightforward changes that can be made in most businesses to significantly reduce the risk of a slip, trip or fall incident occurring. The final module takes this to the next level and looks at it from a management perspective.
Learning Objectives – By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise that Slips, Trips and Falls are their own individual hazards in the workplace.
- Understand and apply current legislation and reflect on the duty of care between employer and employee.
- Recognise the seriousness of these risks to individuals and business.
- Identify the major causes of Slips, Trips and Falls and be able to create a task analysis to assess these risks.
- Understand how safety management systems can help reduce risk.
|Module||Module Name||Pass % Required|
|1||Serious Facts and the Law||70|
|2||Slip Hazards: Causes and Controls||70|
|3||Trip Hazards: Causes and Controls||70|
Slips, Trips and Falls courses cost £35+VAT although bulk discounts apply – get a quote for multiple courses
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).