ADHD is a chronic condition that creates a range of persistent symptoms such as difficulty sustaining attention, hyperactivity and impulsive behaviour.
The course covers the definitions of ADHD, the different types of ADHD and how to recognise some key signs and symptoms.
Beyond this the course will look at some of the possible causes of ADHD, how it is diagnosed and how it can be treated, including environmental changes, types of therapy and medication that can be prescribed.
The course concludes with some advice for people living with or caring for those with ADHD and provides some practical advice for supporting children, teenagers and adults with the condition.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the types of ADHD and recognise the numerous symptoms that need to be exhibited to help with diagnosis.
- Understand that that ADHD is chronic condition that runs from childhood right through to adulthood.
- State the methods of assessment that lead to diagnosis.
- Identify treatment regimes, from therapy to medical intervention.
- Understand how symptoms can be managed and how an individual with ADHD can be helped.
Take a look at the module information below, register to trial the first module for free, then either purchase and complete the course or get in touch for a quote for multiple courses.
|Course Module Number||Module Name||Pass % Required|
|ADHD Awareness 1||Introduction||70|
|ADHD Awareness 2||Causes and Diagnosis of ADHD||70|
|ADHD Awareness 3||Treatments||70|
|ADHD Awareness 4||Managing Symptoms||70|
ADHD Awareness courses cost £35+VAT although bulk discounts apply – get a quote for multiple courses
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 45 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).